Valentine’s Day Natural Viagra
With Valentine’s Day around the corner many people are looking for ways to spice up their love life and make their Valentine feel special. February is Heart Health month at No Shoes Nutrition so what better way to keep your heart healthy but with some good love. Let’s discuss some nutritional ways to improve the libido and have a Happy Valentine’s Day.
How can we optimize our diet to boost our libido to an Aphrodite-level?
We all know it can take more than the Marvin Gaye song “Sexual Healing” to get the sparks flying in the bedroom. Bu did you know that food has been used for centuries to help increase sexual desire? And, there are foods that can increase your performance too. Why is this important? Studies show that having a good sex life is linked to maintaining a healthy weight and building a stronger immune system.
Before we jump into the foods that can help boost the libido, let’s explore some of the issues that might be holding you back. It’s important to know that both sexes will have fluctuations at times, and that’s completely normal. Some of these factors may not be obvious at first so if you haven’t been feeling overly excited lately there could be more to it than just a few missing nutrients.
1. Psychological Reasons – Maybe you aren’t feeling the best about yourself, you aren’t loving your body image or perhaps you have been under a lot of stress at work? When we don’t feel our best psychologically it’s hard to get excited in the bedroom.
2. Physical challenges – If you are feeling achy with muscle and joint pain or maybe you struggle with range of motion, this might be tanking your love making. Another physical change includes gut issues. No one feels sexy when they’re bloated and gassy!
3. Prescription medications – Did you know that some of the medications you may be taking on a regular basis can affect your sexual drive and performance? If you are on medications and experiencing low libido talk to your doctor or pharmacist to see if this could be contributing to the problem.
4. Smoking and drinking – Do you smoke? Do you enjoy alcohol daily? These two can have a negative effect on desire and performance. Cutting back or abstaining altogether can help get your libido back!
5. Hormonal imbalances – This may be because of pregnancy, breast feeding, postpartum and menopause, but it may just have to do with the ebb and flow of the normal hormonal fluctuations in your cycle. This can also be a concern for the gentleman out there dealing with low testosterone and hormonal imbalances of their own.
So, what are these amazing foods that boost the libido? Here’s the exciting news! Most of these foods are nutritious, delicious and foods you may be eating occasionally already!
Spinach - Spinach is rich in magnesium, a mineral that decreases inflammation in blood vessels, increasing blood flow for a better erection and orgasms. You can saute it, have it raw in a salad, chop it extra small and hide it in your scrambled eggs, however you enjoy spinach, try it today!
Dark Chocolate - releases serotonin and dopamine that help put you in the mood and reduce stress. If it’s those pesky psychological issues holding you back, dark chocolate can boost your happy feelings and help you get in the mood.
Oysters - nature’s pearl is chock full of libido-boosting zinc. Many cultures use oysters as an aphrodisiac and you can too!
Avocados -full of vitamin B12 to aid with blood flow throughout the body. Avocados contain lots of B vitamins that help produce energy as well so you can make it to the end of the day with a little energy left for some fun!
Watermelon - has more lycopene than tomatoes, and lycopene rivals Viagra in its ability to relax blood vessels and improve circulation.
Blueberries – are full of antioxidants to help with erectile function giving a natural Viagra effect.
Nuts - walnuts can improve the quality of sperm and almonds have an important amino acid called arginine to help increase circulation.
Oatmeal - another great source of arginine which is used to treat erectile dysfunction.
Ginger - another food that can improve your sex drive by aiding blood flow and improving artery health.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! If you want to impress your love, try adding some libido-boosting foods to your routine. These foods will make you healthier and guess what? They may even be more effective for improving things between the sheets than those cheap chocolates that come in a heart-shaped box! Happy Valentine’s Day from No Shoes Nutrition!!
Want to get even healthier? If you’re looking to introduce fresh foods and change the way you eat – in a way that’ll help you improve your health, appearance, and performance, let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with us today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about! Visit www.noshoesnutrition.com and sign up for a FREE consultation. We work with people from all over the world individually or in groups so don’t let anything hold you back!