Who I Am.
BSc., C.H.N.C. (Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant ™)
So, I had a great career, lead a very busy professional life working long hours — living a corporate life. Then, I had a baby…. life changed, it wasn’t supposed to. My body changed, my sleep changed, my hormones changed…I changed. I didn’t know what had come over me. I had a life plan, goals and focus. Now I wanted different things, for different reasons and I wanted this beautiful change, but along with it came an awakening. I couldn’t keep living my corporate life with these changes. My health was suffering and I needed answers I wasn’t getting. I had abdominal pain and bloating, fatigue, weight that just wouldn’t come off no matter what I tried and my thinking was foggy. These were changes that I was NOT willing to live with despite doctors telling me that they were normal after having children — that my symptoms were common.
I decided to take my health into my own hands and educate myself on ways to support my body. I have noticed improved energy, weight loss, clearer thinking, glowing skin and less pain. Looking towards the root cause of my symptoms and learning to manage stress has put me on the path to healing my own body. I still consider myself to be a work in progress and I am grateful to have the tools and knowledge that will support me in optimizing my health. I am honoured to be able to share this information with my clients, guide them with their health struggles and help them rebuild their health too.
After graduating with a BSc. in Science from the University of Windsor, I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York. I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques and over 100 dietary theories. I also studied at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, the most established science based Canadian natural health school, where I learned to connect the symptoms experienced to the systems of the body and then balance the systems through wholefoods for preventative health. I most recently trained with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride to become a Certified Gut and Psychology Syndrome Practitioner. I am a Reiki Master and can work with a client’s energy if requested.
Along the way I studied with some of the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD, leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing