Prepare Your Resolution
Here it is! The last weekend of the year. How are you preparing for the New Year? 2018!! I am going to spend some time today preparing for my resolutions and goals that I have set for the coming year. I know what I have to do because we have already set our goals. Now I am going to set myself up for success.
- Focus on One to Two Small Things. I am going to pick some small steps I can take right away to work towards my bigger goals and focus in on accomplishing these small steps first. Then I will add the next step and the next step. Focusing on the BIG goal can be over whelming and I want to succeed so I will break things into baby steps.
- Break It down. I’m not going to completely change my behavior all at once. Changing a little behavior each day, or remembering to add one thing each week may be all I can handle at one time. That’s okay. Over the course of the next year it will be come habit.
- Tell Everyone. Remember when we talked about support? Now’s the time to ask for it. Tell the people you are closest to about your goals for the year and how they can support you. Get the support you need and set yourself up to succeed this year!
- Create Accountability. Today is the day! Find someone to work with, someone who will keep you on track, someone you can count on to help you stay focused on what you want for your future self. Remember that this may be a friend or family member, but it may also mean getting outside help.
- Make It a Habit. If you want to make lifestyle changes permanent, it is proven that you need to keep working at them to make them a habit. Making these changes part of your day to day routine and having the behaviors come as second nature has been proven to take six months or more. Sticking with it is the key. Perseverance!
I have some lofty goals of my own this coming year. I would LOVE to see No Shoes Nutrition grow substantially, I am going to finish my personal training certification and I am going to look more into women’s hormones and how we can naturally balance them. These are just a few of my goals and I will keep you (my readers) posted on how I do with accomplishing them! What are your big goals that you can share? Are you going to focus more on your health this year? Have you decided how you are going to do that and where your support will come from?
Thank you for participating in this Holiday Health Challenge! I am eager to see who will be the winner! I appreciate all of you who have been reading, liking and commenting on the posts! I will keep this blog going on a weekly (Monday’s) basis all year long! I have LOVED every minute of this Challenge as it has helped keep me accountable too! Much LOVE to you all!