Trouble with Your Tummy?
It can take weeks, sometimes months and for those of us that are a little more oblivious to what our body is telling us it can take years to realize that the little aches and pains we have come to recognize as “normal” are actually signs that our insides need help. When there are things going on with our microbiome balance and our digestive and intestinal systems it can be subtle at first but can lead to bigger health concerns if not dealt with upfront. Do you know if your gut needs support? Do you know what signs your body is giving you that indicate your microbiome needs help?
Top FIVE Signs Your Gut Needs Support
1. Digestive Troubles – Are you dealing with gas, bloating, maybe some unexplained bowel changes? Many people are concerned at first when their bowel routine changes. This becomes their new “normal” and they live with the discomfort for long periods of time. There are other digestive issues like reflux and heartburn that many people have daily but just pop a few antacids and move on with their busy lives. I would like to let everyone dealing with digestive issues know that this doesn’t have to be “normal”. There are ways to change nutrition that help alleviate the discomfort that accompanies all these digestive symptoms.
2. Sugar Cravings – There have been times where it’s all I could do not to lose my mind for a sugar fix. No, it’s not considered a drug, but man oh man I have felt the addiction. The highs and lows that come with sugar can be disruptive to life. When we consume lots of sugar and simple carbs in our diet, we feed the pathogenic gut bugs of the intestine and this can lead to even more intense cravings. So, how do we get off the sugar? Pure willpower may not be enough for all of us. There are, however, proven ways to detox and break the sugar addiction and believe it or not there are foods and nutrition changes that can help!
3. Weight Fluctuations – Do you struggle with losing weight? Maybe it’s the opposite and you struggle keeping weight on. Either way, this could be a sign that your microbiome is out of balance. When there is inflammation in the gut from an imbalance in good versus bad bacteria our body will try to protect us. Sometimes this means we are not able to keep our weight where we feel best. By getting the microbiome balanced it’s much easier to get to an optimal weight.
4. Skin Issues – This can manifest in different ways for different people. For some they deal with acne for others they deal with rashes, dryness or eczema. Skin issues that are front and center can be embarrassing and affect self-esteem. Many of us have grown up washing with lotions and potions to help soothe our skin, but what if I told you the trick might be to balance your insides and make some nutritional changes to help your outside glow.
5. Mood Swings – Did you know the gut is now being referred to as the second brain? When your microbiome is out of balance some common complaints include brain fog, headaches, and memory issues. Even more severe is reported anxious and/or depressive feelings and mood swings. These symptoms may seem like they have nothing to do with the gut, but did you know more of your “happy” neurotransmitter serotonin is made in your belly than in your brain? Making some effort to get the gut in balance can support these larger mood issues and help alleviate the lesser as well.
These are a fraction of the symptoms that can appear when the gut is out of balance. There are other signs like sleep issues, joint aches and pain, and even chronic bad breath. At No Shoes Nutrition, the gut is a major priority. I have personal experience with some if not most of these symptoms and have studies with experts to improve the gut health of myself and many of my clients. Next week I will share some proven tips and tricks on how you can start the process of re-balancing your microbiome to take the stress off your intestinal system and begin to feel relief from these and other symptoms.
Want to get even healthier? Want help figuring out if the symptoms you are dealing with are connected to your gut health? Want to stop feeling like your “normal” is not normal at all? Curious about how health coaching can help you on your journey to optimal health? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about! Visit www.noshoesnutrition.com and sign up for a FREE consultation. I work with people from all over the world individually or in groups so don’t let anything hold you back!