As the holidays are sneaking up on us, I thought this week would be a good opportunity to highlight some healthy gift options to start our New Year off right. We all need gifts in a pinch and the go-to gift is often chocolates, sweets or a bottle of wine. That is usually a great re-gift option too and doesn't speak to your creativity! Here are some non-food related items that are just as sweet!
1. For the hosts that are so good to invite us over for their annual holiday get together. Instead of sweets or the 100th bottle of wine, how about a fresh fruit basket, a set of mugs with some holiday spiced herbal tea, or your favorite healthy holiday cookbook?
2. For the school teachers that work so hard all year to educate our little ones. How about a fruit infusing water bottle that can keep them hydrated all day long? Or a grown up lunch box so that they can set an example of bringing a healthy lunch for children they teach.
3. For the stressed friend that just can't seem to relax and take it slow. How about an eye mask for better sleep with a sleep therapy sound machine?
4. For the friend or family member who is always active and loves to work out. How about a pass at the new trendy fitness club in town with a gym bag and yoga mat?
5. For the person in your life that loves to cook/bake but needs no more cooking supplies. How about a herb garden starter kit and a new fancy apron?
6. And finally some ideas to add to your own Christmas list. Maybe you need some ideas for the Santa in your life and just don't know what to ask for? A sunlight desk lamp to give you a boost to combat the winter blues, a fitness monitor to track your activity and sleep, an aromatherapy gift set and diffuser to help set the mood for the holidays and don't forget to slip in a gift certificate for a No Shoes Nutrition package to start your New Year resolution right!!
Although a good organic bottle of wine is never a bad gifting option, I hope these gift ideas can spark a little gift giving inspiration to keep your health in check over the holiday season. The holidays are a time to indulge, but they are sweet enough without having to add more sugar! Get out and start the shopping! Only six weeks to go! Let me be the first to say Happy Holidays!!