Skip the Office Treats
Tomorrow is the start of another work week. The holidays are getting closer and the excitement is building. Tomorrow there will be someone, who knows who that someone will be, but SOMEONE will bring in the first of the holiday baking. I know it’s starting. We started our baking this weekend and tomorrow the baking will start migrating to the office. It’s going to be tough, but I’m going to ask you to SKIP THE OFFICE TREATS!
If you aren’t working in an office that doesn’t mean you are immune to this one. Treats are EVERYWHERE this time of year! I was doing my groceries and there were lovely ladies handing out samples of holiday treats ALL over the store! I went for an innocent tea with a friend the other day and she pulled out her latest baking delights. My point is, you need to know what to say or do when you are in these situations.
Let’s think about our options when confronted with office treats:
- Eat your breakfast and drink your water. If you aren’t hungry or thirsty then you have more will power.
- Just say no. This can be easier said than done. I’ve been there, and I’ve been asked over and over to just try it! Best to avoid it because the next option can lead down a slippery slope!
- Just have one bite. Try the treat, have a bite and walk away. This is nearly impossible for me. I will be honest here. Once I have a bite, likely, I’m committed. I would rather stick to #1.
- Start a new tradition. Caution here as you may be pegged as the office/family/friend health nut. But I would rather be special for being healthy than special for being sick.
- Pack a snack. We’re equipped for shopping and errands with snacks in hand. Why not bring some healthy snacks to the office? Trail mix, fruit, smoothies, veggies and hummus? These all sound delicious!
Here's the thing, there will be temptations all over this holiday season. It’s important to keep your health goals in mind and be aware of what you are eating. I hope this was a good little reminder for you and will help you be prepared for your coming weeks at work. Simple reminders are sometimes just what we need to keep on track. See you tomorrow for another day of the Holiday Health Challenge! Comment below about your biggest temptations this holiday season so far!