Oil Pulling For Better Health
How does swishing oil around in your mouth for five to twenty minutes every morning sound? Cool or Gross? What if you heard that doing so might clear up your skin, improve your oral hygiene, and whiten your teeth, among a slew of other health benefits?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic technique that has resurfaced in the modern health scape. When swished around in the mouth, the antibacterial properties of the oil pull out bacteria and fungus, alleviating inflammation, congestion, and even allergies. It helps with bad breath, bleeding gums, cavities, gingivitis, plaque, and sensitive teeth, and moistens the mouth, lips, and throat. Oil pulling is even said to relieve stomach issues such as ulcers, improve kidney function, and kill strep throat bacteria.
So, how do you do it? Although it may sound a bit intimidating and complex, it’s actually one of the simplest self-care measures you can take for yourself. It can also be very inexpensive, depending on what type of oil you use.
How to – The Directions to Oil Pulling
- Measure out 1-2 teaspoons of oil and put it in your mouth. Coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil is recommended for best results. Use the highest quality oil possible.
- Swish and pull the oil around your mouth and between your teeth. Start with five minutes and then build your way up to 20 minutes or more. Be careful not to swallow the oil since it contains toxins and bacteria from your mouth.
- When you’re ready to spit out the liquid, make sure you do so in the garbage. The contaminated oil can clog your pipes.
- Rinse your mouth out with salt water or water mixed with a little apple cider vinegar to ensure that all the oil is out of your mouth.
- After you’ve thoroughly rinsed your mouth, brush your teeth well to kill any bacteria remnants.
- Smile in the mirror and thank yourself for taking time to take care of you! Your self-care should be an extremely high priority. When you care for yourself deeply, you’re able to show up in the world in a big way.
It’s best to practice oil pulling in the morning, but you will benefit from doing it any time of day and for any amount of time. Start small and work your way up! It will quickly become as natural as brushing your teeth.
Want to get even healthier? Would you like to improve your health with nutrition and holistic practices like oil pulling? Curious about how health coaching can help you make your own healthy changes? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about! Visit www.noshoesnutrition.com and sign up for a FREE consultation. I work with people from all over the world individually or in groups so don’t let anything hold you back!